We’ll have lots to discuss, including how blogs and e-portfolios can be used:
- To show learning in the form of reflective visual journals (“plogs” or process logs)
- To encourage discussion outside the physical classroom
- As a teaching tool within the classroom
- To help students make connections through multimedia, including movies and music
- To achieve paperless courses (sustainability connection!)
David Lawrence will also offer a brief “behind the scenes” tour of WordPress and we’ll see it in action at the Speaking Center website.
We’ll be hearing from Tammy Ingram, Kirk Visiting Assistant Professor of History, David Lawrence, Professor of Communication and Rhetoric, Nell Ruby, Associate Professor of Art, and Julianna Jones (’10), student administrator for Tina Pippin’s REL 115 blog.
Your comments and questions are welcome. (There will be refreshments, too!)
UPDATE: Thanks to everyone who came out! It was a great discussion. I’ll be out of town next week, but following that, I’ll be sure to write a post about what we covered. Have a great spring break!